contributed by Sexy Sam
It’s has been three years since the earth shattering sex scandal involving some of the most prominent celebrities of Sinowood* including Cecilia Cheung (张栢芝), Bobo Chan (陈文媛), Gillian Chung (钟欣桐), Candice Chan (陈思慧), Mandy Chen (陈育嬬), Rachel Ngan (颜颖思), Vincy Yeung (杨永晴) and of course the main actor was none other than the King of the Sinowood Sex Scandal – Edison Chen (陳冠希).
* A term coined by me referring to the movie and music entertainment world of Greater China ie. China, Hongkong, Taiwan, Macau and to certain extend, Korea as well.
Since our archive on the subject matter is slightly incomplete and kind of scattered all over, I decided to publish an all new story due to popular demand and just so you know the whole story in toto.
The Sinowood Sex Scandal
The Biggest & The Baddest Sex Scandal In The History Of Sinowood
Edison Chen admitted being the author of most of the photographs
The Sinowood Sex Scandal or more popularly known as the Edison Chen Sex Scandal involved Internet distribution of intimate photographs of Hong Kong actor Edison Chen with various women, mainly celebrities including actresses such as Gillian Chung, Bobo Chan, Rachel Ngan and Cecilia Cheung. The scandal shook the Hong Kong entertainment industry in early 2008 and received high profile media attention locally and around the world. Actually, I was also so shocked that I went speechless for three days !
Let’s put it this way, how often do you hear there are multiple celebs involved in one single scandal ? In this case, there were at least 15 FIFTEEN of them, and all of them are either big timer or at least high flyer celebs in the Far East Hollywood … Just to give you as idea, practically all of them are as famous as Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee !
Someone like Blake Lively isn’t even in their league in term of fame and popularity (in the Far East entertainment community). Can you imagine what a shocking scandal is this one now? Many local newspapers headlined the story consecutively during the first fortnight of February 2008, relegating coverage of the 2008 Chinese winter storms to secondary prominence during Chinese New Year.
A computer technician was eventually convicted of three counts of offences including obtaining access to a computer with dishonest intent, and subsequently received a custodial sentence of eight and a half months.
Vindication of the technician raised questions over violations of the privacy and free speech rights of Internet users. The manner in which actors, their management, and the police handled the situation, in turn, made those vindicated into heroes for some Internet users.
Chen admitted being the author of most of the photographs, and stated that the photographs had been stolen and published without his consent. He made a public apology, especially to the women involved, and also announced that he would “step away indefinitely” from the Hong Kong entertainment industry.
This table breaks down the photographs by subject:
|Person Involved||Names per source||Photo count as of
10 Feb 2008
|Cecilia Cheung Pak-chi||张栢芝||143|
|Bobo Chan Man-woon||陈文媛||116|
|Gillian Chung Yan-tung||钟欣桐||104|
|Candice Chan Si-wai||陈思慧||48|
|Mandy Chen Yu-ju||陈育嬬||40|
|Rachel Ngan Wing-sze||颜颖思||13|
|Vincy Yeung Wing-ching||杨永晴||3|
- Sinowood Sex Scandal Part 1 Introduction
- Sinowood Sex Scandal Part 2 How Did It Happen ?
- Sinowood Sex Scandal Part 3 Unfolding The Scandal
- Sinowood Sex Scandal Part 4 Legally Speaking
- Sinowood Sex Scandal Part 5 Wrapping Up
- Sinowood Sex Scandal Part 6 Cecilia Cheung Gallery 1
- Sinowood Sex Scandal Part 7 Cecilia Cheung Gallery 2
- Sinowood Sex Scandal Part 8 Gillian Chung Gallery
- Sinowood Sex Scandal Part 9 Edison Chen Gallery
- Sinowood Sex Scandal Part 10 Mandy Chen Gallery
- Sinowood Sex Scandal Part 11 Candice Chan Gallery 1
- Sinowood Sex Scandal Part 12 Candice Chan Gallery 2
- Sinowood Sex Scandal Part 13 Bobo Chan Gallery