Fan art from the novel The “Volunteer” (Naked Dani on stage with Miley Cyrus)
Date of Birth 23 November 1992, Franklin, Tennessee, USA
Birth Name Destiny Hope Cyrus
Nickname Smiley Miley
Height 5′ 5″ (1.65 m)
Miley Cyrus was born in Franklin, Tennessee, the daughter of country singer Billy Ray Cyrus and his wife, Letitia Jean “Tish” (Finley). She has 5 siblings – two half-brothers, a half-sister and a younger brother and sister. Her birth name is Destiny Hope, given to her by her parents who hoped she would achieve greatness. Her childhood nickname was Smiley, as she had a cheerful disposition which was eventually shortened to Miley. Her paternal grandfather was Democratic politician Ron Cyrus.
Cyrus was initially educated at Heritage Elementary School in Tennessee. When she turned eight, her family moved to Toronto, Canada where Cyrus’ father Billy Ray took a role in the TV series Doc (2001). It was around this time that Cyrus decided she wanted to act too. Her first role came alongside her father in Doc (2001). She also scored a small role in Tim Burton’s Big Fish (2003).
In 2005, Cyrus was cast as the lead in the Disney series Hannah Montana (2006), about a teen leading a double life as a pop star. Again her father acted alongside her. The show was a smash and hit records, sell-out tours and merchandising deals soon followed. Cyrus became a teen superstar.
Following the success of Hannah Montana (2006), Cyrus made the move into other roles – including playing Ronnie Miller in The Last Song (2010) and Lola in LOL (2012) alongside Demi Moore.
- Affinity for sticking tongue out
- Husky voice
- Daughter of Tish Cyrus and country singer Billy Ray Cyrus.
- Siblings: Christopher Cody (older paternal half-brother), Trace Cyrus (older maternal half-brother), Brandi
- Cyrus (older maternal half-sister), Braison Cyrus (younger brother), and Noah Lindsey Cyrus (younger sister).
- Brandon Cyrus is a related family member on her father’s side.
- Her favorite novel is “Don’t Die, My Love” by Lurlene McDaniel.
- Her favorite song by her father, Billy Ray Cyrus, is “Achy Breaky Heart”.
- Has written over one hundred songs and some of them have been used for her show, Hannah Montana (2006).
- Likes to eat Chinese food.
- Has a Maltipoo dog named Sophie that her parents gave to her for her 16th birthday.
- Miley was on the green team for 2 summers in a row in the Disney Channel Games.
- She has never taken formal singing lessons [as of June 2007].
- Started auditioning for Hannah Montana (2006) when she was 11 years old. She originally tried out for the part of “Lilly Truscott”.
- Was ranked #17 on Forbes List of The 20 Top-Earning Young Superstars (2007).
- Was ranked #12 on interview magazine’s Hollywood faces to watch “Future Stars of Tomorrow” (2007).
- In January 2008, she legally changed her name from Destiny Hope Cyrus to Miley Ray Cyrus. “Ray” is for her grandfather, Ronald Ray Cyrus, whom she was very close to and “Miley” came from her childhood nickname “Smiley”, which was shortened to “Miley”, that was given to her because of her constant smiling as a young child.
- Released a 3D concert movie of her Best of Both Worlds Tour on February 1st, 2008. It became the highest grossing Super Bowl weekend release ever.
- Was ranked #22 on Entertainment Weekly’s ’30 Under 30′ the actress list (2008).
- Was ranked #1 on TV Guide’s Top 10 Teen Star Countdown (2008).
- Befriended her backup dancer, Mandy Jiroux, while on tour. The two have a Youtube channel called
- MileyMandy, that they regularly update with new videos. Their show is called “The Miley and Mandy Show”.
- Miley’s half-brother, Trace Cyrus, and her Hannah Montana (2006) co-star Mitchel Musso’s brother, Mason Musso, are in the band “Metro Station”.
- Godmother is Dolly Parton.
- Likes the bands Coldplay, Radiohead, and The Killers.
- Lived in Toronto, Canada where she attended the Armstrong Acting Studio.
- Was ranked #22 on Moviefone’s ‘The 25 Hottest Actors Under 25’ (2008).
- On 25 September 2006, the Disney Channel was finally launched in South Africa. The first episode of Hannah Montana (2006) was broadcast on Friday, September 29, 2006, the show immediately became the channel’s “Flagship” show. Miley Cyrus is the most recognized Disney Channel star in South Africa with the most DVD releases of the show and 2 versions of her “Best of Both Worlds Concert” – one standard edition and one double disc extended 3-D edition. The extended 3D edition was released on Disney Blu-Ray simultaneously in August 2008.
- Close friends with Demi Lovato and Ashley Tisdale.
- Her favorite actresses include Angelina Jolie, Jodie Foster, and Jennifer Aniston.
- Loves to ride horses.
- Likes to watch the TV show Sex and the City (1998).
- Admirer of Meryl Streep.
- Her musical influences include John Mayer, Elvis Presley, Rob Thomas, and John Lennon.
- Participated in the 25th Anniversary Edition of “We Are the World” which was performed in memory of
- Michael Jackson as well as for relief efforts for the earthquake in Haiti.
- While performing at the 02 arena in London, she changed the lyric in her song, “Party in the U.S.A.”, from “And a Britney (Britney Spears) song was On” to “And a Michael song was On”. Michael being referred to
- Michael Jackson, who was suppose to have performed at the 02 Arena in July of 2009 but passed away before leaving to perform in London.
- Her known tattoos: one under her left breast which says “Just Breathe”, one on her ear which says “Love”, a dream catcher on the right side of her rib cage under her arm. On her fingers she has an outline of a heart on her ring finger on her right hand, BAD on her middle finger, an equal sign on her left ring finger, a cross, a slice of watermelon, an alien emoji, “karma”, a peace sign, and has a tattoo of an eye on her left index finger. On her side she has a tattoo of her late dog and “With a Little Help from my Fwends” in a chat bubble. On her wrists she has an anchor and an om symbol. On her arms she has a Theodore Roosevelt quote, VIIXCI Roman numerals, Leonardo Da Vinci’s rendition of anatomically correct hearts, crossed arrows, a saber tooth, a portrait of her grandma, Yoshimi, a cat, “love yer brain”, and a crescent moon. On her inner lip she has the crying cat emoji. On her feet she has Rolling $tone and a sugar skull.
- Voted #64 on the 2011 Maxim list “Hot 100” women.
- Ranked #32 in the British version of FHM “100 Sexiest Women” List (2011).
- Ranked #89 in the 2011 FHM list of “100 Sexiest Women in the World”.
- Ranked #54 in the 2011 FHM Australia list of “100 Sexiest Women in the World”.
- Lives in Toluca Lake, California, her family bought a house there in 2007.
- Fan of Britney Spears and considers Britney to be one of her idols.
- Has had tachycardia since her teens.
- Engaged to Liam Hemsworth [June 6, 2012].
- Auditioned for the Selena Gomez’s role in Ramona and Beezus (2010).
- Ended engagement to Liam Hemsworth [September 16, 2013].
- Recording her New album. [January 2007]
- U.S.A: Recording her new album called “Bangerz”. [August 2013]
- Currently playing “Miley Stewart” in Hannah Montana (2006). [June 2007]
- Filming Hannah Montana: The Movie (2009) in Franklin, Tennessee. [May 2008]
- On Gypsy Heart Tour. [April 2011]
- Currently on tour doing opening singing acts for The Cheetah Girls in concert. [August 2006]
- Working on her new album Breakout [July 2008]
- On her Wonder world Tour. [September 2009]
- Finished her Wonderworld Tour. [January 2010]
- Working on Hannah Montana: The Movie (2009). [July 2008]
- Filming for new movie, So Undercover (2012). [February 2011]
- Filming Season 2 of Hannah Montana (2006). [December 2006]
- Performing her Wonderworld Tour in the UK. [December 2009]
- Promoting her new Album. [June 2007]
- On her Best of Both Worlds Tour. [October 2007]
- Release of her book, “Miley Cyrus: Miles to Go” by Miley with Hilary Liftin. 
- Recording a cover of “Everybody Hurts” by R.E.M. with other artists like Mariah Carey to help the victims of the Haiti earthquake. [February 2010]
- On her first ever European Tour. [March 2007]
- She has English, along with smaller amounts (to varying degrees) of Scottish, Irish, Welsh, French, Dutch, and German, ancestry.
- One of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World. [April 2014].
- Ranked #25 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” of 2014 list.
- Voted #1 on the 2013 Maxim list “Hot 100” women.
- Her song “Party In The U.S.A.” was parodied by “Weird Al” Yankovic as “Party In The CIA”. Eighteen years earlier, Yankovic parodied her father’s “Achy Breaky Heart” as “Achy Breaky Song”. This makes Miley the first artist Yankovic has parodied who’s also the offspring of an artist he’s parodied.
- Along with smoking weed regularly, she smokes nearly 2 packs of cigarettes a day and chain smokes multiple cigarettes at a time. She said that she cannot think of starting her day without a cigarette.
- If you believe in yourself anything is possible.
- Pink isn’t just a color, it’s an attitude!
- I don’t want to be perfect, but I do want to be a role model. My mom always tells me that imperfections equal beauty. All of us are imperfect.
Miley Cyrus Leaked Photos
More photos in the album: –
- Wrecking Ball Bangerz · 2013
- The Climb Hannah Montana: The Movie · 2009
- We Can’t Stop Bangerz · 2013