Kelly Marie Monaco is an American model, actress, and reality television personality, best known for her portrayal of Sam McCall on the long-running ABC soap opera General Hospital and as the first season winner of the reality TV competition series Dancing with the Stars. Monaco was also Playboy “Playmate of the Month” for April 1997, and portrayed Livvie Locke on the soap opera Port Charles from 1997 through 2003.
Born: May 23, 1976 (age 41), Philadelphia, PA
Height: 5′ 3″
Movies and TV shows
- General Hospital Since 1963
- Dancing with the Stars Since 2005
- Port Charles 1997 – 2003
- Dirty Soap 2011
Date of Birth 23 May 1976, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Birth Name Kelly Marie Monaco
Height 5′ 2″ (1.57 m)
An active athlete, Kelly Marie Monaco grew up on the East Coast, where she participated in soccer, swimming, track and softball, among other sports. After the last of five girls was born, her family decided to move from the bustling city of Philadelphia to the more peaceful environment of the Poconos. Monaco proudly states that she is a born competitor. In addition to athletics, she participated intensely in speech, debate and theater during high school. Monaco’s television debut came in 1997, when she landed a recurring role on Baywatch (1989). She has since segued into the feature film world with roles in Idle Hands (1999), Mumford (1999) and BASEketball (1998). Raised in an Italian Catholic home, Monaco is very close with her family, especially her great-grandmother. She enjoys volunteering for children’s charity events, as well as working with elders. She currently resides in West Hollywood, California.
- Curvaceous, buxom figure
- Natural brunette hair
- Lisp, breathless voice
- Playboy (Germany): Playmate of the Month April 1997
- Suffered hearing loss from scuba diving
- Was a lifeguard in real life before being hired for Baywatch (1989).
- Playboy Playmate of the Month April 1997
- Went from being the lowest scored celebrity on Dancing with the Stars (2005) to winning the entire competition.
- Is one of the few actresses to play dual roles on two separate soap operas. She played Livvie Locke and Tess
- Ramsay on Port Charles (1997) and Samantha McCall and Alicia Montenegro on General Hospital (1963).
- She and her sisters grew up athletic and in the outdoors courtesy of a father who was an avid hunter and a mother who was a figure skating instructor and former Olympic hopeful.
- Co-hostess, with Chris Freytag, of an infomercial for the “Ab Lazer” fitness equipment. Also appearing are
- Danielle Burgio, Greg Vaughan and Brigitta Lauren. 
- Attended Northampton Community College.
- Supports Feed the Children.
- Has four sisters.
- Is of Italian descent.